Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Down, and Who Knows How Many More to Go

Well, it wasn't that bad. Okay, it actually went surprisingly well yesterday. I realized that combining the abdominal ultrasound with the vaginal scan was brilliant of whoever it was that decided these things should be done that way. I was so worried about not having an accident the whole entire way to the clinic that I didn't have time to worry about the vaginal part at all! It was great.

The sonographer was excellent, and even while she was saying things like, "Let me push your anal sphincter out of the way so we can see your uterus better," and I was thinking, Oh my God, what the heck are you doing to my anal sphincter?? What the heck is an anal sphincter?, she was so good that I was totally relaxed and didn't feel a thing! I tried to request her for the HSG, but she said it's hard to request a sonographer, since you book the appointment with a doctor, not a sonographer.

About that dreaded HSG...apparently, my doctor only does ultrasounds on Tuesdays! And she's totally booked today, and we're going out of the country next week, so I'm too scared to book the HSG two days before a big trip. So it's gonna have to wait till next cycle...I'm kinda glad, because I'm scared, so I get to delay this a little longer, but on the other hand, I can't even have any consultation with the doctor until it's done, so I just want to get it done with, so we can move on to the next step.

I guess I have no choice but to wait. But I'm definitely calling the clinic to get my blood test results...no way I'm waiting two more months for those!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of stirrups and vaginal probes! Glad the ultrasound went well. My HSG was definitely not fun, but in terms of recovery time, I was feeling back to normal within a couple of hours after it was done.

SAHW said...

Thanks, that does makes me feel better...but I'm just afraid to risk the possibility of a reaction/side-effect. We're going out of the country for a big trip on Thurs, so I just don't want to be feeling sick or bleeding or anything. What worked out well is that my appointment with the doctor isn't until the very end of May anyway, and I think I'll be able to get in the HSG during my next cycle before I see her.