Monday, July 14, 2008

I Ovulated

Yay. Woohoo.

Today was my third appointment with the fabulous vag cam. It's getting easier and easier, but it still doesn't quite fall under my list of fun or relaxing activities.

The techs were so excited to show me a big black blob, which is the egg that was released earlier this month.

"You ovulated!!!"

"Um...". I couldn't come up with anything more intelligent, because so what if I ovulated? I have been, most likely every single month since I was ten. I had to get the wand up my you-know-what to tell me what I already knew?

"Well, that's what we were looking for!"

I hated to burst their bubble, but I had to.

"Well, I don't have any problems ovulating, this was just supposed to give me a boost."

"Oh." That was all they could come up with.

Stupid Clomid has turned me into a hormonal lunatic, and I only got one egg out of it! One egg that I produce just fine on my own every month, thank you very much.

Sigh...I was secretly having twin fantasies...

11 comments:

Jill said...

Sorry you didn't get more than one this time :( Maybe they can find a different dose or drug that will work better next month.

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Let me be Debbi Downer for a minute here....
are they checking to see if you are actually ovulating?? I mean you can go all through the month and the motions, and not actually release an egg, but it will look like you did. Just because there is a follie doesn't mean there is an egg. Ask them about that. I think they can do a blood draw on the 21 or 23 day if I remember correctly. I am sorry to BTW, but hey you know those eggs have been know to split, and split, and split!! LOL

Thanks for the feel betters, going in to see the doc tomorrow!! YUCKY!!!

Hugs,
Rebel

Just Me. said...

Bummer.

As you know, Clomid drove me mad!!!

I am having everything crossed for you...*hugs*

Mrs. Spit said...

Umm, I usually send flowers to my IF friends when they ovulate - that's exciting. But it wasn't the problem. Still hoping that sperm finds egg.

Did the doctor draw them a map? you know that men aren't great at asking for directions!

momofonefornow said...

Well, that just sucks right out loud!

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind me asking what is your diagnosis? I never did Clomid because my RE said it wouldn't help me. Have you talked with your RE about injectables? I know the thought of shots is scary but believe me the side effects are way less than with Clomid so it's a fair trade off. Hope this is the month for you!

Mazzy said...

One egg is all it takes.... ;) Have faith that this one is THE one.
*hugs*

Erin said...

I wouldn't worry too much. I couldn't even be monitored on my clomid cycle. I had a scan due to some pain and the doctor didn't even see a follicle. Clomid can work! Keep the faith.

sara said...

Sorry that it was just the one, but I'm still glad at least there was the one. Hang in there with all of those icky clomid feelings, you're doing great - that drug can make even the sanest girl feel ready for the looney bin. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

alicia said...

sorry it was only 1! but yay for ovualting! ha ha.

JW Moxie said...

Well, I hope that at least the one hits the target.